From The University of Akron Support Wiki
Revision as of 20:41, 6 April 2008 by Cjc24
Getting your gaming system online
Game systems are automatically detected by Cisco Clean Access and then placed in to the appropriate role. For more information please see this page
Receiving the error message:
XBOX / XBOX 360 MTU failed
- Go to the System area of the Xbox Dashboard and select Network Settings.
- Select Edit Settings.
- From Additional Settings, select Advanced Settings.
- At the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called Alternate MAC Address.
- Delete the Alternate MAC. Clean Access is now capable of detecting your console automatically
- Do a Hard reset of the XBOX (Power the unit off, then power it on)
- If the xbox still fails at MTU, repeat the above steps; be sure the alternate MAC is not set.