Windows VPN Setup
Obtaining and installing the Cisco VPN Client
The VPN client can now be found in "My Akron Experience" under the Technology Support section of "My Akron Experience". The file may also be obtained from the ZipSupport Center. You will need a USB flash drive, or other portable media to which our support experts will copy the file.
Alternatively, you can connect directly to the Home Use Downloaded center: http://uakron.onthehub.com/
Using the Cisco VPN Client for Windows
To begin using the Cisco Systems VPN Client:
1. After the computer reboots, it places a 'UA VPN' icon on your Desktop
2. Click this icon to start the program
After launching the client, you will see this screen:
1. Click the Connect button.
2. Enter your UAnetID and password.
3. It will connect and show the VPN icon in your taskbar near the clock.
In order to disconnect:
1. Right click the VPN icon in the taskbar.
2. Select Disconnect.
Errors Connecting to the VPN
Failed to enable Virtual Adaper
If you are receiving the message: "Reason 442: Failed to enable Virtual Adapter"
- Open the registry
- Open the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>Services>CVirtA
- Locate the value "DisplayName"
- Edit the value by deleting all text to the left of "Cisco Systems VPN Adapter for 64bit Windows."
- Click "Ok", to save the new value
- Reconnect to the VPN, the error message should no longer appear.