Web Hosting and File Storage
Zipspace is a network storage location for students. Each student is allocated 100 megabytes of storage.
How to utilize your Zipspace
You can store projects, papers, or create a webpage. As long as you have an Internet connection you will be able to connect to it from anywhere.
How to connect to your Zipspace
In the labs
Most labs are already set up to so that your Zipspace is mapped to the My Documents folder.
If you wish to connect to your Zipspace from home you will need to use one of the methods below depending on your operating system.
- Click File, then Open.
- A box should appear.
- Type https://gozips.uakron.edu/ then after the / type your UAnet ID
- Click Open as Web Folder and click enter.
You should now be connected to your Zipspace after you enter in your password.
- Open My Computer
- Click Tools then Map Network Drive
- Choose a suitable drive letter.
- Enter \\uanet.edu\zipspace\ then after the \ enter the first letter of your UAnet ID as a capital then \ and then your [[UAnet ID]
- Click Connect using a different user name.
- Enter Username UANET\ then after the \ enter your UAnet ID and your password.
- Click OK
- Click Reconnect at logon.
- Click Finish.
My Network Places
- Click Start
- Click My Network Places
- On the left click under Network Tasks, click Add a network place
- Click Next
- Select "Choose another network location" and click Next
- Enter https://gozips.uakron.edu/yourUAnetID make sure
- A box should appear, type in your UAnet ID and Password
- You can accept the default name for the network place or change it.
- Click Next
- Click Finish
Mac OS X
If you have KNetAttach you can set up a profile.
Click WebFolder (webdav)
- Under Name type Zipspace
- User: Your UAnet ID
- Server: gozips.uakron.edu
- Folder: / then type your UAnet ID
- Click Use Encryption
- Port: 443
- Click Save & Connect
- Enter your password when it prompts you.
You should be connected to your Zipspace
Type webdavs://gozips.uakron.edu/ then after the / type your UAnet ID Enter your password and you should be connected to your Zipspace.
The advantages of this method is to eliminate the virtual filesystem.
- Download the DavFS tools from http://dav.sf.net. Gentoo Users can emerge neon davfs2
- Install the binary as the readme states.
modprobe coda mount -t davfs https://gozips.uakron.edu/UANETID /mnt/webdav
You should be connected.