Vista Wireless Config
From The University of Akron Support Wiki
Revision as of 13:19, 24 August 2008 by Cjc24
| Out of Date|
The information on this page, while still accurate, is out of date
- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Under Network and Internet, select View Network Status and Tasks
- Click Manage Wireless Networks
- Click Add
- Select Manually Create a Network Profile
- Enter the following Information
- Network name: tsunami
- Security type: 802.1X
- Encryption type: WEP
- Click Next
- Select Change Connection Settings
- Click the Security tab in Wireless Network Properties
- Under network authentication method, click Settings.
- The Authentication Method should default to EAP-MSCHAPv2). Click Configure.
- Uncheck the box for Automatically Use my Windows logon name and password.
- Uncheck the box for Validate server certificates at the top of the box.
- Click OK.
- Click OK in Protected EAP Properties (PEAP).
- Click OK in tsunami Wireless Network Properties.
- Click Connect to...
- Select tsunami and click Connect.
- The connection icon in the bottom right corner of the screen will probably begin flashing a periodic message asking for additional information.
- Click on the Additional information is required to connect to tsunami message.
- The Enter Credentials box will pop up.
- Enter the UAnet ID for the User name.
- Enter the password that for the UAnet ID.
- DO NOT enter anything in the Logon Domain box.
- Click OK.