| VPN Connections WILL NOT work while you are connected to the University Network.|
| VPN Connection not required for Library Resources.|
A Virtual Private Network uses an existing Internet connection to establish a direct link to the campus network.
This is useful in obtaining network drives such as the H: drive.
Windows XP 32 & 64 -bit VPN Setup
Windows Vista 32-bit VPN Setup
Windows Vista 64-bit VPN Setup
Windows 7 32-bit VPN Setup
Windows 7 64-bit VPN Setup
Mac VPN Setup
Linux VPN Setup
If you are unsure of which Microsoft Windows operating system you are running
visit the Identify Operating System article.
Use the following link to setup the VPN on the iOS device http://www.uakron.edu/dts/misc/ipad.dot
- . Settings > General > Network > VPN
- . Add VPN Configuration
- . Select PPTP at top
- . * Description: UAkron VPN
- Server: 184.108.40.206
- Account: UAnet ID
- RSA SecurID: Off
- Password: UAnet ID Password
- Encryption Level: Auto
- Send All Traffic: On
- . VPN can then be turned on from the Settings menu listed just below WiFi
Nearly all Errors are caused by software firewalls blocking connections to the VPN server.
If you receive an "Error 619", try this:
- Click Start, then run.
- Type 'cmd' at the prompt
- A black box should open up, at this point type in:
netsh int ip reset reset.txt
Unable to Access Internet Once Connected
The cause of this issue has been found to be almost exclusive to a set of specifics. If the user is using the Cisco client, Time Warner/Road Runner Internet, and connecting their computer directly to the modem, you may experience this issue. Since this is a Time Warner issue and cannot be fixed by us, you should contact us and we can set you up with an alternative connection method. If you would like to try and set one of these up yourself, please use the Legacy or VPNC instructions.
For instructions on adding the VPN server to the Exceptions list on Mcafee Plus,CLICK HERE
Norton (W/ Internet Security)
For instructions on adding the VPN server to the Exceptions list on Norton (W/ Internet Security), CLICK HERE
Windows Live OneCare
For instructions on adding the VPN exception to Windows Live OneCare click HERE
- Double-click the ZoneAlarm icon in the System Tray
- Click on Firewall in the left-hand toolbar area
- Click on the Zones tab in the top right of the dialogue box. You should see your own computer's IP Address listed as in the Trusted Zone. You need the following as well...
- Click on Add>> button and select range
- In the Local Zone Properties dialogue box, click Add >>, range...
- In the Trusted Zone specify:
o IP Address 220.127.116.11 o .. 18.104.22.168 o Description UA Trusted
- Click OK