There are two types of University printers. The first are Lab Pay-for-print Pharos stations. Users swipe their Zipcards and the system deducts $0.07 per page. Kiosks, checkout laptops, and lab workstations print to these systems. Color printers are available for public usage in the College of Business Administration (CBA) computer labs. They are located in the CBA building on the first floor. The second type is a departmental printer. These are not pay-to-print and are usually located away from students, usually in faculty or staff offices.
Zip Print Account
Each semester, students are given $7.00 on their Zipcard for printing use only. This allows students to be able to print 100 free pages at $.07/page. In some cases, students who are a part of a certain degree program may be given additional money through that deparment. User's who are interested in this should contact their department in regards to this. Currently the Zip Print accounts are able to be redeemed at general purpose computer labs and at the Student Union Print Stations. Some of these labs include CAS 103 and Polsky 267. At this time, users cannot print at Bierce Library and get money from their Zip Print account redeemed.
Student Pay for Print
The printer installation files for Bierce Library and the Law Building can be found at the following website:
YOU MUST BE CONNECTED TO ROOTOWN TO ACCESS THIS WEBSITE!
You may need to temporarily disable your antivirus to run the setup.
Installations for additional buildings are in progress. If you need a printer that is not located in Bierce Library or the Law Building, see UAprint for instructions to our legacy printer setup.
For assistance installing the printers contact the Zip Support Center at 330-972-6888 or visit us at The Bierce Walk-In Center.
Mac Pay to Print Setup
The following explains how to setup printing from a Mac to the Pay-to-Print stations.
- Go to System Preferences and click Print & Fax
- On the Add Printer screen click the IP tab and select "Line Printer Daemon -LPD" from the Protocol drop-down list.
- Under Address type "labprtmb1.uanet.edu" without quotes.
- Under Queue type the printer queue for whichever printer you want to map (list at bottom of page)
- By default it will name the printer "labprtmb1". It is recommended that you change this if adding multiple printers.
- Location is optional
- Click Add
- Click continue and you should see the printer in your list of printers.
IMPORTANT: After the document has been sent to the print queue, when you swipe your card it will not show your UANET ID. It will show the hostname of the machine. To find your hostname click Finder and it will be the name next to the house icon.
List of Printer Queues for labprtmb1
- Law_01: pphplj8150law1
- Law_02: pphplj4000law2
- Law_03: pphplj8150law3
- Auburn_01: pphplj4000scilib01
- Auburn_02: pphplj4000scilib02
- Arts-Sci_103: pphplj4000cas103
- Polsky_267: pphplj2100pol267
- Polsky_M158: PPHPLJ4050POLM158
- Polsky 3rd floor: PPDELL5210NPOL3RDZIP
- Student Union: pphplj4000stun01
- KnightChem: pphplj4000kncl314
Print Management Initiative
In compliance with the Universities Collaboration and Innovation Study Commission, The University of Akron will streamline and consolidate the printing environment on campus. The University Cost per Copy Program will provide all equipment, supplies and service to departments and will be charged back at a single cost per copy.
Toner order-form can be found here: https://www.uakron.edu/webforms/tonersupplies-order-form.dot
More information about the Print Management Initiative can be found at : http://www.uakron.edu/printing/print-management.dot.
To map a networked printer please choose an operating system.
|Network Printer - Mac Setup||Network Printer - Windows Setup|