Difference between revisions of "University Printers"
(→Pay for Print on OS X)
(→Mac Pay to Print Setup)
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
[[File:.png |left|thumb|100px|Step 1]]
[[File:.png |none|thumb|100px|Step 3-5]]
Revision as of 13:26, 20 September 2011
There are two types of University printers. The first are Lab Pay-for-print Pharos stations. Users swipe their Zipcards and the system deducts $0.07 per page. Kiosks, checkout laptops, and lab workstations print to these systems. UAprint is an application that will automatically connect a Windows 2000 or higher system to the printers. Also, many Apple and Linux users can use a UAprint method located below. Color printers are available for public usage in the College of Business Administration (CBA) computer labs. They are located in the CBA building on the first floor.
The second type is a departmental printer. These are not pay-to-print and are usually located away from students, usually in faculty or staff offices.
Zip Print Account
Each semester, students are given $7.00 on their Zipcard for printing use only. This allows students to be able to print 100 free pages at $.07/page. In some cases, students who are a part of a certain degree program may be given additional money through that deparment. User's who are interested in this should contact their department in regards to this. Currently the Zip Print accounts are able to be redeemed at general purpose computer labs and at the Student Union Print Stations. Some of these labs include CAS 103 and Polsky 267. At this time, users cannot print at Bierce Library and get money from their Zip Print account redeemed.
Student Pay for Print / UAprint
You can install a program on your laptop or desktop that will allow you to print to any of the UA's Pharos Pay-Print stations. The program is available for Windows 2000 and up, Apples, and Linux.
64 bit computers have a connection method available, however,
you will need to stop by Bierce 52c to get it setup.
How to use UAprint
The UAprint program can be used by users of Windows 2000 and HIGHER, Mac OSX, and Linux The following directions are for the WINDOWS version of UAprint. OSX\Linux instructions are found on the UAprint webpage.
- Download the program to your computer. The Desktop is desirable since the progam is easily accessible. UAPRINT is a stand-alone program and doesn't install anything on your computer.
- You must log in to the University network. The program only transmits login information to the print server, and does not store or transmit the login information to any other sources.
- Select the print station you want to print to. You will see prompts asking you to the Install the driver software. You will need to install the driver when asked for. When exited the program, all printer information is lost. You need to login and select a printer each time.
Mac Pay to Print Setup
The following explains how to setup printing from a Mac to the Pay-to-Print stations.
- Go to System Preferences and click Print & Fax
- On the Add Printer screen click the IP tab and select "Line Printer Daemon -LPD" from the Protocol drop-down list.
- Under Address type "labprtmb1.uanet.edu" without quotes.
- Under Queue type the printer queue for whichever printer you want to map (list at bottom of page)
- By default it will name the printer "labprtmb1". It is recommended that you change this if adding multiple printers.
- Location is optional
- Click Add
- Click continue and you should see the printer in your list of printers.
IMPORTANT: After the document has been sent to the print queue, when you swipe your card it will not show your UANET ID. It will show the hostname of the machine. To find your hostname click Finder and it will be the name next to the house icon.
List of Printer Queues for labprtmb1
- Law_01: pphplj8150law1
- Law_02: pphplj4000law2
- Law_03: pphplj8150law3
- Auburn_01: pphplj4000scilib01
- Auburn_02: pphplj4000scilib02
- Arts-Sci_103: pphplj4000cas103
- Polsky_267: pphplj2100pol267
- Polsky_M158: PPHPLJ4050POLM158
- Polsky 3rd floor: PPDELL5210NPOL3RDZIP
- Student Union: pphplj4000stun01
- KnightChem: pphplj4000kncl314
Print Management Initiative
In compliance with the Universities Collaboration and Innovation Study Commission, The University of Akron will streamline and consolidate the printing environment on campus. The University Cost per Copy Program will provide all equipment, supplies and service to departments and will be charged back at a single cost per copy.
Toner order-form can be found here: https://www.uakron.edu/webforms/tonersupplies-order-form.dot
More information about the Print Management Initiative can be found at : http://www.uakron.edu/printing/print-management.dot.
To map a networked printer please choose an operating system.
|Network Printer - Mac Setup||Network Printer - Windows Setup|