Difference between revisions of "University Printers"
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
Revision as of 15:05, 1 August 2013
There are two types of University printers. The first are Lab Pay-for-print Pharos stations. Users swipe their Zipcards and the system deducts the cost per page. Kiosks, checkout laptops, and lab workstations print to these systems. Color printers are available for public usage in the College of Business Administration (CBA) computer labs and in Bierce Library. They are located in the CBA building and Bierce Library on the first floor. The second type is a departmental printer. These are not pay-to-print and are usually located away from students, usually in faculty or staff offices.
Users with laser printers covered by the Pay-To-Print program will find the toner order form here: https://www.uakron.edu/webforms/tonersupplies-order-form.dot
Zip Print Account
- You must have your Zip card to print at Pharos station on campus.
- Enrolled students will receive 75 free prints per semester. This will appear as money on your Zip card.
- If you do not use the 75 free prints by the end of the semester, you will lose them. They do not accumulate.
- Free prints may be utilized at any UA Pharos print station on campus.
- After the 75 free prints, the student cost per print is $.05 a page for b/w and $.10 a page for color. You can add money to your card in the ZipCard office.
Student Pay for Print
- The printer installation files for Bierce Library and the Law Building can be found at the following website: http://uauniprint1.uanet.edu/uniprint/packages.asp
- YOU MUST BE CONNECTED TO ROOTOWN TO ACCESS THIS WEBSITE!
- You may need to temporarily disable your antivirus to run the setup.
- For assistance installing the printers contact the Zip Support Center at 330-972-6888 or visit us at The Bierce Walk-In Center.
| The new instructions for setting up printing on a Mac are here. These will be integrated into this page shortly|
The following explains how to setup printing from a Mac to the Pay-to-Print stations.
- Go to System Preferences and click Print & Fax
- On the Add Printer screen click the IP tab and select "Line Printer Daemon -LPD" from the Protocol drop-down list.
- Under Address type "labprtmb1.uanet.edu" without quotes.
- Under Queue type the printer queue for whichever printer you want to map (list at bottom of page)
- By default it will name the printer "labprtmb1". It is recommended that you change this if adding multiple printers.
- Location is optional
- Click Add
- Click continue and you should see the printer in your list of printers.
IMPORTANT: After the document has been sent to the print queue, when you swipe your card it will not show your UANET ID. It will show the hostname of the machine. To find your hostname click Finder and it will be the name next to the house icon.
List of Printer Queues for uauniprint1
- Bierce_B&W: PP-B&W-SavinMLP150dnLib01
- Bierce_B&W_Duplex: PP-B&W-SavinMLP150dnLib01-Duplex
- Bierce Color: PP-Color-CLP37dnLib04
- Bierce_Color_Duplex PP-Color-CLP37dnLib04Duplex
List of Printer Queues for labprtmb1
- Arts-Sci_103: pphplj4000cas103
- Auburn_01: PPSAVINMLP37DNSCILIB01
- Auburn_02: PPSAVINMLP37DNSCILIB02
- Auburn_Color: PPSAVINCLP37DNSciLib-Color
- Infocision 4th Floor: PPSAVINMLP37ICS4FSSWE01
- KnightChem: pphplj4000kncl314
- Law_01: pphplj8150law1
- Law_02: pphplj4000law2
- Law_03: pphplj8150law3
- Polsky_267: pphplj2100pol267
- Polsky_M158: PPHPLJ4050POLM158
- Polsky 3rd floor: PPDELL5210NPOL3RDZIP
- Student Union: pphplj4000stun01
- Zook 328: PPHPLJ4250ZOOK328EDU03
- Zook 335: PPHPJL4250ZOOK335EDU01
- Zook 435: PPHPJL4250ZOOK435EDU02
Print Management Initiative
In compliance with the Universities Collaboration and Innovation Study Commission, The University of Akron will streamline and consolidate the printing environment on campus. The University Cost per Copy Program will provide all equipment, supplies and service to departments and will be charged back at a single cost per copy.
Toner order-form can be found here: https://www.uakron.edu/webforms/tonersupplies-order-form.dot
More information about the Print Management Initiative can be found at : http://www.uakron.edu/printing/print-management.dot.
To map a networked printer please choose an operating system.
|Network Printer - Mac Setup||Network Printer - Windows Setup|