Software Downloads (OnTheHub)
From The University of Akron Support Wiki
This guide will tell you how to download and install software from OnTheHub that you have access to through The University of Akron:
- Login to https://my.uakron.edu/
- Click on the Technology Support tab,
- In the center of this page you should see a software section. Click on the link that says Software Downloads.
- This will bring you to the Microsoft login page. Login with your University of Akron email and password.
- After logging in, you will be brought to the SharePoint page. On this page you can find links to various different pieces of software. You can either click on one of these links, or scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the download site link.
- You will now be on the download site. Click on the software of your choice to bring you to the software's description page.
- You will now be on a page giving you a description of the software. When you are ready to download the software click on Add to Cart. Keep in mind that there are sometimes various versions of the software, so be sure that you have selected the version that is compatible with your system.
- A popup will now come up on your screen asking you if you would like to go back to shopping or check out. If you aren't getting any other piece of software, click on Check Out.
- If the software was free, your invoice will be pulled up (If it was a paid software, you will have to enter payment information first). On this page it will give you your order number, and also a link to download the software. Click on the Download link.
- A page will be brought up giving you two options. If you've never downloaded any piece of software from this site before, you may need to download and install the Secure Download Manager. If this is the case, click on Download SDM, otherwise skip to step 12.
- After the Secure Download Manager installer has finished downloading. Open it up and complete the installation process. A picture of the installer can be seen below.
- Now that you've installed the Secure Download Manager, go back to the downloads page, and click Download .SDX. This will download the .SDX file that can be opened with the Secure Download Manager that you just installed.
- Once the .SDX file has finished downloading, click on it to open it up. This will pull up the the Secure Download Manager, where you can download your desired software. Once it is open, click on Start Download to start the download.
- After the software has finished downloading, open the installer and follow the installation instructions (These instructions will differ based on the software that you are downloading).
- If you have any issues during this process, please contact the Help Desk.