The University of Akron offers Checkbox as a premier enterprise class web survey and feedback management platform.
Where is it at?
Checkbox can be found at https://survey2.uakron.edu
How to get started?
To begin creating a survey you first must be configured to do so by the Checkbox Server administrator, to begin this process call ZipSupport at 330-972-6888.
Once you are configured you can then self register.
1. Select the Register link at the login screen. You will be navigated to the register screen.
2. Enter your username and password, along with other information that may be requested.
3. Select the Register button. If your registration is accepted, you will be logged into this instance of Checkbox Survey Server using your newly created user credentials.
Training for this program can be found at http://www.uakron.edu/its/learning/training/Checkbox.php , as well as complete users manuals
Creating the Survey
1. Login to checkbox: https://survey2.uakron.edu/login.aspx
2. Select the Surveys button from the application toolbar.
3. Select the New Survey button.
If you don't see this button, you probably have not been granted permission to create a survey. Please contact ZipSupport to request this ability
4. Enter a name and description for the survey then click the Submit button.
5. The Survey Editor page is returned. Click the Add Item link to begin adding questions.
6. Select the Question Item you wish to use. The Item Preview button can be used to view a sample of each of the question types. You may wish to refer to the Appendix in the back of this manual for an overview of the various question types.
7. Complete the appropriate information for the question. Click the Submit button to save the question information.
8. Continue entering questions by clicking the Add Item link and repeating the steps until all the questions have been added to the survey.
9. Click the Style link to update the appearance settings. There are numerous pre-defined templates which may be used by selecting the style template down arrow.
There are also numerous options that can be set – such as showing page numbers, a progress bar, question numbers, and survey title. If you are using any field validation or have required fields you will want to be sure to check the “Show Validation/Required Fields Alert”. The Customizable Text options at the bottom of the screen allow you to specify the Survey Title and navigation button text. Click the Submit button to save the changes. You may be prompted to verify the changes – click OK.
10. Click the Properties link to edit the survey name and/or the survey description. Click the Submit button to save the changes.
11. OPTIONAL - If you wish to restrict who may take the survey you will need to specify permissions – click the Permissions link to access this setting.
The Survey Security options are:
Public – anyone who can access the link may take the survey
Password Protected – the survey respondent must enter a password (set by the creator of the survey) in order to take the survey. All respondents use the same password.
Access List – a list of email addresses is specified to restrict access. For example, a list of all Contract Professionals or Staff employees
All Registered users – anyone with a Uanet ID and password may take the survey. Respondents will be prompted for their UANetID and password before taking the survey.
Be sure to click the Update Settings button at the bottom of the screen to save your selections.