| Peoplesoft v9 Info|
Information about Peoplesoft v9 can be found here. http://www.uakron.edu/its/learning/training/PSoft9.php
On Wednesday, Nov. 26, PeopleSoft is scheduled to go offline and remain offline until Monday, Dec. 8 at the latest.
During the crossover from version 8 to 9, while access to live PeopleSoft data will not be available, a read-only version of v8 will be available.
Progress of the upgrade can be tracked at: http://www.uakron.edu/its/PSv9_Migration/index.php
Below is some useful information to know during the upgrade.
Registrar’s Office Activities During PeopleSoft Upgrade Week: Nov. 26 – Dec. 8
On Wednesday, Nov. 26, PeopleSoft is scheduled to go offline and remain offline until Monday, Dec. 8 at the latest. During the crossover from version 8 to 9, while access to live PeopleSoft data will not be available, a read-only version of v8 will be available.
During the upgrade:
- The Office of the University Registrar will remain open December 1-5. The Office will make every effort to service all requests during this time.
- Graduation Services will continue to provide services to students and departments in a manual mode.
- Scheduling requests not affecting the week of December 1–5 will be held until after the system has been restored on December 8. The Office will collect all requests and hold them for processing on a priority basis once the system is available. Any reservations received for the week of December 1 will be processed manually.
- Transcript and verification requests will still be accepted through all regular means. All requests will be collected and held for processing on a priority basis once the system is available. Emergency requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Grade changes and academic record updates will be collected and held for processing on a priority basis once the system is available.
- Any registration activity and personal demographic changes (such as name and address updates) will still be accepted. The Office will collect all requests and hold them for processing on a priority basis once the system is available.
- The Military Services Center processing will not be affected by the PeopleSoft upgrade. All services will carry on as usual.
- The Residency office processing will not be affected by the PeopleSoft upgrade. Applications will still be accepted and any updates to the files will be handled once the system is available.
- ZipLine will be available to students and faculty on an inquiry-only basis. Data will be current as of November 26. After the upgrade is completed, all ZipLine self-service functions will again be available to students and faculty with a new and improved look and feel.
- All student records will be available on an inquiry-only basis in PeopleSoft version 8, with data current as of November 26.
- DARS audits will be available with data current as of November 26.
GRADE ROSTERS & GRADE POSTING
- Grade rosters will be available to instructors in ZipLine December 8; grade posting will begin the night of December 8.
Documentation and tutorials for the new PeopleSoft system are available online at:
If you have questions, contact the Registrar’s Office at 330-972-8300.
Student Accounts Information
On Wednesday, Nov. 26, PeopleSoft is scheduled to go offline and remain offline throughout the following week for an upgrade to a new version. We anticipate that the system will again be available no later than Monday, Dec. 8.
During the crossover from version 8 to 9, PeopleSoft business and self-service applications that interact with PeopleSoft will not be available. While access to live PeopleSoft data will not be available, a read-only version of v8 should be available.
During the upgrade:
- Office of Student Accounts will operate as normal – payments will be processed at the cashier windows. Online payments will not be available.
- No refunds checks will be generated during the timeframe the system is down.
- Students and staff will have access to a snapshot of student account view at the time system went down. Staff will have access to CashNet if necessary to view payment activity but it will not update the student account until we go live.
- Registration changes and posting of other charges which may impact fees will not be updated on the student account during the down time.
- General Ledger transaction will not be updated
- During the down time. (Impacts reporting of budgets/revenues collected).
- CashNet (cashiering) transactions will be stored in the cashier system and then posted when we go live.
- Refunds will be retroactively calculated when the system is brought back up based on date paperwork submitted at the Student Services Center or Registration Office .
- Other transactions will be held and posted/updated at go live. (Housing charges, Meal plans, transportation fees/waivers, Third party contract billing and authorizations.
Online training resources for are at http://www.uakron.edu/its/learning/training/StudentV9.php
For information about the project, please check the website at http://www.uakron.edu/its/PSv9_Migration/index.php
Office of Student Financial Aid & Student Employment
During the upgrade the Office of Student Financial Aid and Student Employment will remain open.
Students may continue to phone the Office of Student Financial Aid to inquire about the status of their financial aid awards. Every effort is being made to ensure that financial aid verification data received prior to November 26 is completed so that Fall/Spring awards can be processed expediently once V9 is live. Student Employment forms received prior to November 26 will also be processed. Data entry and financial aid award disbursements will resume the week of December 8.
For more information, contact the Office at 330-972-7032.
PS v9 Upgrade Instructor-led training begins Nov. 17
Voluntary training classes for PeopleSoft SA/HR for Experienced Users will begin Nov 17.
Three classes are available: PeopleSoft SA/HR for Experienced Users, PeopleSoft SA/HR for Occasional Users, and Query Manager for Experienced Users. Registration is available at: http://www.uakron.edu/seminars. Classes also are available in December. To register for these classes, click on the down arrow for Month/Year and select December. Then, click on the Update button.
If you have questions, contact PStrain@uakron.edu.
- Experienced User: This course is for current, frequent users of PeopleSoft Student Administration/ Human Resources. A person in this class currently uses PeopleSoft on a daily or once-a-week basis and is comfortable with PeopleSoft version 8. This seminar reviews the changes from PeopleSoft version 8 to version 9. You will learn the new menu navigation, setting favorites, the search feature to locate a menu path, new reports that are available and receive a job aid with a list of the new menu paths. The class is one and a half hours in length with a 15 minute practice period at the end.
- Occasional User: This course is for occasional users of PeopleSoft Student Administration/Human Resources. A person in this class currently uses PeopleSoft once a month or only at the beginning and end of the term. This seminar reviews the changes from PeopleSoft version 8 to version 9. You will learn the new menu navigation, setting favorites, the search feature to locate a menu path, and review the new menu paths for common data inquiries and reports. You will receive a job aid with a list of the new menu paths and instructions for common inquiries and reports. The class is one hour in length with a 15 minute practice period at the end.
- Query Manager for Experienced Users: This course is for individuals who modified or wrote queries in PeopleSoft SA/HR version 8 and need to continue to modify and write queries in version 9. Review the changes from the Query tool in PeopleSoft version 8 to the Query Manager in version 9. Search for, copy, modify and print existing queries. Learn to create new queries by: selecting and joining records, selecting fields and editing their properties, creating and editing criteria, and creating and using prompts.