Microsoft Office Outlook or Outlook is a personal information manager from Microsoft, and is part of the Microsoft Office suite.
Although often used mainly as an e-mail application, it also includes a Calendar, Task Manager, Contact Manager, note taking, a journal and web browsing.
It can be used as a stand-alone application, but can also operate in conjunction with Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server to provide enhanced functions for multiple users in an organization, such as shared mailboxes and calendars, Exchange public folders, Sharepoint lists and meeting time allocation.
Open up your control panel and open the Mail control section
Choose Email Accounts.
Enter the information as follows, replaceing UANET ID with your ID
For the next screen enter UANET\ UANET ID (UANET\jdoe if your ID is jdoe)
Faculty and staff members can connect to the exchange server by completing the following steps:
- To begin, first open control panel and select mail.
- Select the Email Accounts button. Click on Add, then choose Microsoft Exchange
- Fill out the fields on the form. Outlook 2007 will automatically configure the required settings for you.
Setting Up Exchange settings off campus
When connecting Microsoft Outlook to the Exchange email service from home, a VPN connection is required to allow the program to access the Exchange E-mail server. Note:The VPN connection is only necessary for the initial setup of Outlook, thereafter with the completion of the Outlook Anywhere settings, the VPN connection is unnecessary.
- Install and start the VPN client, additional information for the vpn can be found here.
- Follow the above instructions for Configuring Outlook 2007/2010.
- If asked for a username name the syntax will be "uanet\uanetid"