Below is a collection of some common troubleshooting items that our teams have encountered.
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
| While we strive to keep these pages current, version upgrades and other changes might make these steps inapplicable.|
- 1 https://imaging.uakron.edu does not load
- 2 Messages that will appear during Login / Role Switch
- 3 Issues editing word documents within Nolij
- 4 Internet Explorer Specific Issues
- 5 Document Specific Issues
https://imaging.uakron.edu does not load
Secure Connection Failed
When using newer versions of Firefox, users may receive a message stating:
"Secure Connection Failed"
An error occurred during a connection to imaging.uakron.edu. SSL received a weak ephemeral Diffie-Hellman key in Server Key Exchange handshake message. (Error code: ssl_error_weak_server_ephemeral_dh_key)
This issue can be resolved with the following steps:
- Open a new tab and navigate to: about:config
- Search for SSL3
- Double click on security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_128_sha and security.ssl3.dhe_rsa_aes_128_sha (setting both Values to False).
Messages that will appear during Login / Role Switch
Nolij Causes my browser to freeze up
This is often a result of a Java issue on your computer. Follow the instructions to uninstall/reinstall Java.
Digital Signature has an error
If you see this window:
You should check the box that states "Always trust content from this publisher" and then click Run.
Nolij web cannot communicate with Java applet
If you receive this message, usually more than one error message referring to Java applet. You will need to uninstall all Java updates and reinstall the most current version. See the Java Page for Assistance
Object doesn't support this property or method
If you receive this message, there is a problem with Java on your computer.
To resolve this issue, follow the instructions to install/uninstall of Java.
Issues editing word documents within Nolij
Many useful directions can be found on the Nolij Training Site
User running Windows7, will need to ensure they are using Internet Explorer 32bit for editing Word documents within Nolij. The 64bit version of IE will not launch Word upon clicking "Edit Document".
When Word won't open after clicking Edit Document
- Confirm there are no java issues on the machine
- Simplest way is to check the FileBrowser within Nolij. If Nolij shows local drive letters, then java is working properly.
- You can visit the Java page to view information regarding the re-installation of Java
- Confirm how the notes are being edited. If using IE on Windows 7 you should be using the 32bit IE. If you're using 64bit IE, FireFox or Chrome you will need to follow the instructions on the Nolij Training Site (https://www.uakron.edu/downloads/Nolij66manualv10.pdf , page 50).
- If the other steps failed, running a Repair on the Office installation is suggested. This repair should take 10 minutes to complete.
Internet Explorer Specific Issues
This is a highlight list beyond those other items already discussed on this page
Script running slow
This message might be a typical message within Nolij, while using Internet Explorer. You will want to click No , otherwise some feature of Nolij may not function properly.
Document Specific Issues
.msg Files (Emails)
In NolijWeb 6.6.x, msg files will not load in the document viewer. An error message will be displayed indicating there was an unknown error. 
This is known issue and we're awaiting an update from Nolij to resolve the issue. These documents can be viewed by double-clicking and using the "App-Activate" feature.