Numerous applications on campus require Java to be installed and operational on your computer.
Reinstalling Java (Version 6 release 33) on your Windows Computer
Note: Additional uninstall instructions can be found directly on the Java support site here: http://java.com/en/download/faq/remove_olderversions.xml
1. Open the Windows control panel
2. Click Add/remove programs (Windows XP) or Programs and Features on Windows 7. Find Java in the list of installed programs and Uninstall all Java versions listed. Unless you have been instructed otherwise, you may also need to release more current versions of Java (including version 7).
3. Go to http://java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp and Download the latest Java release - you should save the file first, it is an executable file and will require you to accept the installation. Note there may be other add ons or browser updates included, make sure you uncheck any additional installations. (such as: This update includes an ask.com add-on, unchecking it will keep your current search engine.)
4. Once installation completes - restart your computer.
5. You should now be able to use a Java dependent application.
If you need assistance with these instructions or they were unable to resolve your issue, please contact the Support Desk at 330-972-6888 http://support.uakron.edu/wiki/index.php/Contact_us