IOS Wireless Setup
There are three different networks accessible while on campus:
- Roo-Secure is for UA students, faculty, and staff. If you have a myAkron account, this is the network you will connect to.
- Roo-Guest is for guests visiting the university and for connecting media devices to the network. Note that UA resources such as myAkron or Brightspace are unavailable while connected to this network.
- eduroam is for students, faculty, and staff who are visiting from other universities of the EDUroam network.
Connecting your iOS device to Roo-Secure
Note: You must have iOS 2.0 or later to connect to the network
|3.||Make sure the Wi-Fi is turned on and then select Roo-Secure.|
|4.||It will prompt you to enter your UAnet ID and password. After doing so tap Join to connect to Roo-Secure.|
|5.||Trust the certificate.|
|6.||If you have successfully connected there should be a checkmark next to Roo-Secure and you should see the wireless signal icon in the top left corner.|
NOTICE: If you have joined the "roo-guest" network before this setup and it keeps connecting to it, find the network under Settings > Wi-Fi, click on the arrow next to the network, and select "Forget This Network." This will drop the profile for "roo-guest" and use your new Roo-Secure one.
Connecting the iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad to your email
Please click here for instructions on setting up your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad for use with the Google Apps Student E-Mail System.
NOTE: You must have the iPhone 2.0 software to connect to the exchange server
- Tap Settings
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap Add Account
- Tap Microsoft Exchange
- Enter your email address
- Enter your username in the following format:
- Domain: uanet
- Username: your uanet id
- Password: your password
- Tap Next
- If prompted for a Server, enter exchange.uanet.edu
- Click Next
- Click Save