IMAP E-Mail System
Your University Webmail account is accessible from anywhere, as long as you have an Internet connection.
To access your University Webmail account, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to http://webmail.uakron.edu
- On the log in page, type in your UAnet ID, password, and select the language you prefer, then click the Log In button
- In the menu on the top-left corner, click on the link for UAnet Webmail
- This will display your Inbox, which is the default mail folder. In the top-right corner, you can switch between folders by selecting them from the drop-down menu
- You can edit preferences for you account using the Options link located on the top of the page. This will allow you to change your personal information, junk filters, and many other preferences
To send an email, simply click the Compose link on the top of the page. This will open up a new window, where you can select the assignees and edit the body of the email. If you need to add an attachment, scroll down to the bottom of the window, and click the Browse button. Search for the files you wish to include, and once you have all of them click the Attach button to attach them to the email. NOTE: If you do not click the Attach button, the files will not be attached! Once you're done composing the email, simply click the Send Message button at the top of the page.
If you have any problems with accessing your University Webmail account, feel free to call the ZipSupport Center at 330-972-6888.
Common Issues and Solutions
I can't receive emails?