Difference between revisions of "IMAP E-Mail System"
|Line 41:||Line 41:|
== See Also ==
== See Also ==
Revision as of 21:09, 19 November 2008
Your University Webmail account is accessible from anywhere, as long as you have an Internet connection.
To access your University Webmail account, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to http://webmail.uakron.edu
- On the log in page, type in your UAnet ID, password, and select the language you prefer, then click the Log In button
- In the menu on the top-left corner, click on the link for UAnet Webmail
- This will display your Inbox, which is the default mail folder. In the top-right corner, you can switch between folders by selecting them from the drop-down menu
- You can edit preferences for you account using the Options link located on the top of the page. This will allow you to change your personal information, junk filters, and many other preferences
To send an email, simply click the Compose link on the top of the page. This will open up a new window, where you can select the assignees and edit the body of the email. If you need to add an attachment, scroll down to the bottom of the window, and click the Browse button. Search for the files you wish to include, and once you have all of them click the Attach button to attach them to the email. NOTE: If you do not click the Attach button, the files will not be attached! Once you're done composing the email, simply click the Send Message button at the top of the page.
Common Issues and Solutions
I am near my quota, but My Inbox has very few messages
I am over quota and cannot delete anything
Also see creating a Personal Folder
You cannot delete any messages because the system has to have space to copy it to in your Deleted Items folder before it deletes it. So the message has to exist in both your Inbox and Deleted Items folder at the same time.
Here is a possible solution:
Log into Webmail
Go to your Inbox
Click on: ‘Options’
‘Delete and Moving Messages’
Look at the option:
'When deleting messages, move them to your Trash folder instead of marking them as deleted'
The box in front of that line must NOT be checked. The default is for the box to include a check mark. To be able to delete messages once you are close to your quota or over quota, the box must not have a check mark in it.
Then click on 'Save Options'. Now go back to your Inbox and delete some messages. You will notice that the system just draws a line through the message now. The system no longer copies the message to your Deleted Items folder. So the message does not need to exist in both folders at the same time.
After you have marked several messages for deletion, then click on the 'Purge Deleted' link on the far right side of the window. You will use this instead of the Empty Trash icon that used to be on the top of the menu.
Let us know if this doesn't help.