Email Client Instructions
Unsupported Email Clients
Please note that while you can connect to either the IMAP or Exchange servers from nearly an endless supply of email clients for operating systems including, but in no way limited to: Apple Iphones, Linux, OSX, Windows, Solaris... etc
The University of Akron supports Outlook and Outlook Express ONLY on the windows platform. Although the Zip Support Center MAY be able to help you with your other programs, it is your responsiblity to diagnose any issue with an unsupported client.
All University owned computers runnings Windows should use Outlook as their Email Client. Other clients may not be permitted to send outgoing mail messages on these computers.
Configuring Webmail Settings
1) Go to https://gozips.uakron.edu/ (no www)
2) Log in with your UANet ID and Password
3) Select the "Email" button
4) Scroll down until you see the following section
5) Click on the "Forward Mail" button
6) Type in the desired email address to have your mail forwarded to
7) Click on "Forward My E-Mail"
Configuring Webmail Spam Settings
If you have any problem accessing your University Webmail account, call the ZipSupport Center at 330-972-6888.