Distributed Technology Services (DTS)
The University of Akron offers flexible and cost effective IT support for departments and organizations on campus. Support options vary as needed and range from quick remote solutions to full-service onsite support. Our staff also provides support on a number of short-term and long-term technical projects to meet the diverse and growing needs of the campus community. You can look up your zone tech on https://uakron.edu/helpdesk using the search box on the left hand side. To open a ticket, contact the Help Desk at (330) 972-6888 or email email@example.com.
- We are located in the Computer Center at 185 Carroll Street.
You can view a map of Campus by clicking this link.
What We Work On
- We only work with University machines, purchased either by the Department or ITS.
| Personal Machines|
DTS does not work on any personal machines. If you need assistance with a personal machine, the Repair team can help. More information can be found here.
- Free of cost to faculty and staff (with the exception of upgrades and replacements)
- Flexible IT staffing
- Securing your computing environment with current University of Akron security software and best practices
- Dedicated Help Desk support line for assistance via phone, chat, remote access, and email
- Dell and Apple certified technicians available