Difference between revisions of "Cookies"
(New page: =='''What are cookies?'''== Cookies, as it concerns the internet, are small pieces of information stored on a PC that contain information about a user's browsing habits. This can be somet...)
Latest revision as of 20:21, 14 May 2009
Cookies, as it concerns the internet, are small pieces of information stored on a PC that contain information about a user's browsing habits. This can be something simple and useful like recording a favorite sports team when visiting a sports news site, or something harmful like personal information that is later collected at another website. Most browsers and operating systems have some measures to allow useful cookies while limiting the bad.
- Open Internet Explorer, click Tools, select Internet Options
- Click the Privacy tab
- Slide the privacy bar to Medium setting
- Open Safari and click on the Safari tab on the menu bar
- Click on Preferences
- Click on the Security tab
- Select Only from sites you navigate to or Always in the cookies bar
Enable Cookies Mozilla(Firefox)
- Click on Tools on the menu bar and select Options
- In the Options window, select Privacy
- Under Cookies select Accept cookies from sites to Set Cookies