- 1 Introduction
- 2 Departmental Cost Changes
- 3 Student Costs
- 4 Printer Supplies
- 5 Zip Print Account
- 6 Student Pay for Print
- 7 Print Management Initiative
- 8 Networked Printers
- 9 FAQ
There are two types of University printers. The first are Lab Pay-for-print Pharos stations. Users swipe their Zip Cards and the system deducts the cost per page. Kiosks, checkout laptops, and lab workstations print to these systems. Color printers are available for public usage in the College of Business Administration (CBA) computer labs and in Bierce Library. They are located in the CBA building and Bierce Library on the first floor. The second type is a departmental printer. These are not pay-to-print and are usually located away from students, usually in faculty or staff offices.
Print stations locations by Building can be found at this link : http://www.uakron.edu/helpdesk/pharos/locations.dot
Departmental Cost Changes
Departments will no longer be charged a monthly fee in order to to maintain a Pharos Print Station.
All Pharos print stations will be placed on the University's Cost Per Copy program. This program includes a print device, toner and maintenance at no cost to the departments.
The Cost Per Copy charges will initially be paid for by Information Technology Services with the income from students printing going back to Information Technology Services to pay the Cost Per Copy click charge.
Departments will continue to pay for paper as they did before the change.
Additional Pharos Stations that are added to the program will require a one time fee of $660.00 or the current license fee at that time for each device.
Departments that require Courtesy Cards or Supplemental Printing Accounts will need to send a requisition to Ed Peel in Auxiliary Services.
Students will receive a credit of $3.75 for prints per semester on any Pharos print station.
The costs per print will be $0.05 a page for Black and White and $0.10 a page for Color.
Users with laser printers covered by the Pay-To-Print program will find the toner order form here: https://www.uakron.edu/webforms/tonersupplies-order-form.dot
Zip Print Account
- You must have your Zip card to print at Pharos station on campus.
- Enrolled students will receive 75 free prints per semester. This will appear as money on your Zip card.
- If you do not use the 75 free prints by the end of the semester, you will lose them. They do not accumulate.
- Free prints may be utilized at any UA Pharos print station on campus.
- After the 75 free prints, the student cost per print is $.05 a page for b/w and $.10 a page for color. You can add money to your card in the ZipCard office.
Student Pay for Print
- The printer installation files for multiple buildings can be found at the following website: http://uauniprint3.uanet.edu/uniprint/packages.asp
- YOU MUST BE CONNECTED TO Roo-Secure TO ACCESS THIS WEBSITE!
- You may need to temporarily disable your antivirus to run the setup.
- For assistance installing the printers contact the Help Desk at (330) 972-6888 or visit us at The Bierce Walk-In Center.
The following are instructions on how to set up the various printers across campus with our pay to print system. These instructions should work on any version of Mac OSX starting with Snow Leopard (10.6) and up to the most recent version.
IMPORTANT: After the document has been sent to the print queue, when you swipe your card it may not show your UANET ID. It may show the hostname of the machine. To find your hostname click Finder and it will be the name next to the house icon.
List of Printer Queues for Main Campus UAUNIPRINT3.uanet.edu
- Bierce_B&W_1: PP-B&W-XeroxWorkCentreBierce1
- Bierce_B&W_2: PP-B&W-XeroxWorkCentreBierce2
- Bierce_B&W_3: PP-B&W-XeroxWorkCentreBierce3
- Bierce Color: PP-Color-HPCP4525nBierceLibrary
- Arts-Sci_103: PPHP4515nCAS103B
- Auburn Science Library: PP-B&W-HP4515dnSciLib01
- Auburn Science Library: PP-B&W-HP4515dnSciLib02
- Auburn Science Library Color: PP-Color-HPCP4525SciTechLibrary
- ASEC 124 Mechanical Engineering: PPHP4515nMechEng1
- ASEC 124 Mechanical Engineering: PPHP4515nMechEng2
- ASEC 125 Mechanical Engineering: PPHP4515nMechEng3
- ASEC 125 Mechanical Engineering: PPHP4515nMechEng4
- ASEC 212 Civil Engineering: PPHP4515nCivilEngineering
- ASEC 272 Biomedical Engineering: PPHP4515nBiomedicalEngineering1
- ASEC 274 Biomedical Engineering: PPHP4515nBiomedicalEngineering2
- ASEC 560 Electrical Engineering: PPHP4515nElectrical Engineering
- CBA Lab B&W: PPHPCP4525CBA102P1BW
- CBA Lab Color: PPHPCP4525CBA102P1Color
- Chima 12 (Counseling students only): PPHPLJ4250nChima12
- Crouse 213: PP-B&W-HP4515CRH213
- Honors Lab 196: PPHP4515nHonorsLab
- Infocision 4th Floor: PPHP2055dnICS
- JAR 182 Athletics Lab B&W: PPHPm452Jar182-B&W
- JAR 182 Athletics Lab Color: PPHPm452Jar182-Color
- KnightChem: PPHP4515nChemistry
- Kolbe 207 (PC Lab): PPHP4515nScomm
- Kolbe 211 (MAC Lab): PPHP4515nScomm2
- Law_01 B&W: PP-B&W-HPCP4525dnLaw01
- Law_01 Color: PP-Color-HPCP4525dnLaw01
- Law_02: PP-HP4515nLawSchool2ndFloor
- Olin 205: PPHP4515nPoliticalScience
- Olin 277: PPHP4515Sociology
- Polsky_M158: PPHP4515nPolM158
- Polsky_301B: PPHP2055dnPol301b
- Polsky 469 (Adult Focus): PPHP4515nAdultFocus
- Polsky 3rd floor (outside ZipCard Office): PPHP4515nPol3rdFloorZip
- Polsky 411 (Social Work Lab): PPHPP2055SocialWork
- Polsky 5th floor Taylor Institute B&W: PPHP452dnTaylowInst-BW
- Polsky 5th floor Taylor Institute Color: PPHP452dnTaylorInst-Color
- PEAC 205: PPHP4250nPEAC205
- Schrank Hall South 3C Army ROTC: PPHP2055dnArmyROTC
- Schrank Hall South 113 B&W: PPHP4525CPInteriorDesignLab-B&W
- Schrank Hall South 113 Color: PPHP4525CPInteriorDesignLabColor
- Schrank Hall South 119 B&W: PP-B&W-HP5550nEngSciTechSHS119
- Schrank Hall South 119 Color: PP-Color-HP5550nEngSciTechSHS119
- Schrank Hall South 132 B&W: PP-B&W-HP5550dnSHS132
- Schrank Hall South 132 Color: PP-Color-HP5550dnSHS132
- Schrank Hall South 210: PPHP4515nNutritionLab
- Schrank Hall South 213: PPHP4515nSHS213
- Simmons 301 STEM Lab B&W: PPHPm452dnSTEM-B&W
- Simmons 301 STEM Lab Color: PPHPm452dnSTEM-Color
- Student Union: PPHP4515nStudentUnion2ndFloor
- Whitby 208 Chemical Engineering: PPHP4515nChemicalEngineeringLab1
- Whitby 208 Chemical Engineering: PPHP4515nChemicalEngineeringLab2
- Zook 113: PPHP4515nEducationLab
List of Printer Queues for Wayne uauniprint3
- Wayne Campus A 120: PPHP4515nWayneCollA120
- Wayne Campus A 224: PPHP4515nWayneCollA224
- Wayne Campus B 107: PPHP4515nWayneCollB-107
- Wayne Campus B 120: PPHP4515nWayneCollB-120
- Wayne Campus C 221: PPHP4515nWayneCollC-221
- Wayne Campus D 214: PPHP4515nWayneCollD-214
- Wayne Campus Library B&W: PPHPCP452dnWCZLib-B&W
- Wayne Campus Library Color: PPHPCP452dnWCZLib-Color
- Wayne Campus SLB 204: PPHP4515nWayneCollSLB204
- Wayne Campus SLB Kiosk: PPHP4515nWayneCollSLBKiosk
- Wayne Campus Millersburg: PPHP4515nWC-Millersburg
- Wayne Campus Smucker LC: PPRicohSP4310nWCSmuckerLC
List of Printer Queues for Medina County University Center uauniprint3
- Medina County University Center: PPHPLJ4250nMCUC-Common
Print Management Initiative
In compliance with the Universities Collaboration and Innovation Study Commission, The University of Akron will streamline and consolidate the printing environment on campus. The University Cost per Copy Program will provide all equipment, supplies and service to departments and will be charged back at a single cost per copy.
Toner order-form can be found here: https://www.uakron.edu/webforms/tonersupplies-order-form.dot
More information about the Print Management Initiative can be found at : http://www.uakron.edu/printing/print-management.dot.
To map a networked printer please choose an operating system.
|Network Printer - Mac Setup||Network Printer - Windows Setup|
How to get service for a station that is not functioning? Contact the Help Desk at (330) 972-6888 and have a work order opened to have the station serviced.
How do I request a new / additional Pharos Print Station? Contact the Help Desk at (330) 972-6888 and have a request opened and a member of Support Services will contact you regarding the request.