SUPERAntiSpyware is software that can be used to Detect and Remove Spyware, Adware and Remove Malware, Trojans, Dialers, Worms, KeyLoggers, HiJackers, Parasites, Rootkits, Rogue Security Products and many other types of threats. SUPERAntiSpyware is available to be purchased from their website, but the free version of the software should be used for personal computers.
Before following the below instructions please see the Malware page for full malware removal instructions
Download and Installation
The link to download SUPERAntiSypware software can be found on their webpage at http://www.superantispyware.com/
- Click on the red box that says "Free Edition Download."
- Save the installation file.
- Open the installation file by double clicking on its icon.
- You may be prompted with a Security Warning, Click Run or Yes.
- This will bring up an Installtion Wizard.
- Follow all steps in the Installation Wizard.
- After following all steps in the wizard click the Finish button and you can begin to use your software.
- The first time you open the software you will be prompted to setup some options.
- First you will be prompted to select your preferred language, select your preferred language and click OK
- Next it will ask you for an email address, this is an optional step and you are not required to enter an email address.
- Next it will ask you if you'd like the software to automatically check for updates, this should be checked.
- Next you will be asked if you'd like to send a diagnostic report to SUPERAntiSpyware. This is also optional and you can uncheck the box if you would like to skip this step.
- You can now click finish on the Setup Wizard and begin using your software.
Instructions for Use
When opening SUPERAntiSpyware, the software should automatically check for updates. If the program prompts you to update it is important that you allow it to. Anti-malware programs are updated frequently as there are new malware programs created daily. Updating your anti-malware software can make the difference between removing infections or missing them all together. If your software is up to date please see the instructions below:
- Open Software. This can be done by either finding the program in your list of all programs or clicking the icon on your desktop if one was created.
- Click the button that says "Scan your Computer."
- Select the "Quick Scan" option and click the "Next" button.
- The software will now begin to scan the files on your computer to look for possible infections.
- When the scanning is complete the software will open a summary window, showing you how many files were scanned as well as how many infections were found.
- After being shown the the results of the scan, click the "Next" button on the main screen.
- If the software found infections it will automatically quarantine the infections.
- After clearing the quarantined items you will be prompted with a display informing you that the Quarantine and Removal Stage is complete. Click "OK".
- Now click finish and this will bring you back to the main menu.
- You can now close the software and reboot your computer to see if the issue has been resolved.