Repair is a computer repair organization that works on personal computers belonging to Students, Staff and Faculty. If your computer is having hardware or software issues, stop by one of our locations and the Repair team can diagnose the issue and provide repair options.
We have two locations that you can visit us at:
- Our main location is at the Computer Center, located at 185 Carroll Street
- We also have a location located in Bierce Libary
- In Bierce, we are located in room 52C, which is on the bottom floor.
You can view a map of Campus by clicking this link.
If you have any questions or concerns please give us a call.
Spring Semester 2020 Hours (Computer Center):
|Monday - Friday||8:00am to 4:30pm|
|Saturday & Sunday||Closed|
Spring Semester 2020 Hours (Bierce Library):
|Monday - Thursday||7:00am to 9:30pm|
|Friday||7:00am to 6:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am to 6:00pm|
|Sunday||12:00pm to 9:30pm|
We are always open and ready to help anytime that Bierce Library is open. To view Bierce Library's hours click this link.
- We will diagnose and fix most issues free of charge, but if the computer needs to be opened up or left with us for any reason, then you will be charged a $25 fee.
- The only form of payment that we accept is funds from your All Campus Account. You can add funds to your account by visiting https://uakron-sp.blackboard.com/eaccounts/AnonymousHome.aspx or in person by stopping by any Zip Card Office.
| Replacement Parts:|
If any replacement parts are needed during the repair process, we will recommend a part for you to purchase. We do NOT purchase parts for you.
Devices We Work On
- We only work on laptop or desktop machines.
- We will NOT work on cell phones or laptops.
- Diagnosing and Resolving Computer Issues: If you have an issue with your laptop or desktop, we can help. If your machine has physical or software damage, we can diagnose the issues and help you solve them. If your machine needs new parts, we will recommend a part to you to purchase. Once you bring it in, we will swap the part out for you.
- Wireless Configurations: We know that not everyone may know the technical specifications for the University's wireless network. We can help solve any issues you have with the Universities network.
- Virus Troubleshooting: If you think you're computer may have a virus, bring the machine to us and we can remove the threat for you.
- Data Transfer: If you recently purchased a new machine, and would like us to transfer data from your old one to your new one, we would be happy to help.
- Data Backup: If you would like your data backed up for any reason, we can do that. Sometimes computers are infected with viruses that have no easy cure, or sometimes your Operating System becomes corrupted. Fortunately, we can fix these issues by formatting your machine. However a format causes you to lose all your data. In the slight chance that this is the only solution for your machine, we can backup your documents, pictures, and other important information.
- Building a Computer: If someone wants to build a new computer, the Repair technicians are more than happy to assist with recommendations for new equipment. They will even build your machine for you! However, you will still have to pay for any and all computer parts.