Password Challenge Questions
From The University of Akron Support Wiki
How to use the Password Challenge Questions to reset your password by yourself
- You will first need to set your challenge questions:
- Navigate to https://auth.uakron.edu
- Log in with your UANet ID and Password
- Click on the “Password” button(circled below)
- Click on the “Maintain my Password Reset Challenge Questions” link(circled below)
- You will then need to select 6 of the provided questions from the drop down boxes, and type the answer to each question in the text box below each drop down. You can also provide a 7th question, and answer, of your own choosing.
- Click on the “Save” button to save your challenge questions
- Now, if you have forgotten your password, you can follow these steps to reset it:
- Navigate to https://gozips.uakron.edu/zid/app/
- Click on the “Forgot your password?” link(circled below)
- Enter your UANet ID, Last Name(without middle initial), First Name(without any suffixes), and Student ID into the appropriate fields, as shown below: (Example: My name is Harlan W. Frerking III, yet I only entered Harlan Frerking in the fields below)
- If, At this point, you receive the error message “ID Does not exist.”, it means you either entered your information wrong, or you do not yet have an account created. If you receive the message “We could not find your Password Challenge questions.”, it means you have not yet set your questions. (Error Messages are red, and displayed right below “Reset your password online.”)
- You will then be asked to answer 3 of your 6 or 7 challenge questions. Do so correctly to gain access to the Password Reset form.
- You will next be asked to enter a new password and confirm it. Do so, and hit the “Submit” button.
- You will now receive a message stating that your password has been reset. If you receive an error at any point during this process, please contact the Computer Help Desk at 330-972-6888.