Malwarebytes is a site dedicated to fighting malware. Malwarebytes has developed a variety of tools that can identify and remove malicious software from your computer. When your computer becomes infected, Malwarebytes can provide the needed assistance to remove the infection and restore the machine back to optimum performance. Malwarebytes offers licensing options to purchase their software or you can download the free copy of their software for personal use. The free software should be affective enough to remove any infections on your personal computer.
Before following the below instructions please see the Malware page for full malware removal instructions
Download and Installation
The link to download Malwarebytes software can be found on their webpage at http://www.malwarebytes.org/
- Click on the Download button for the free version. This will redirect you to a page with a download link.
- Click on the "Download Now" link.
- Save the installation file.
- Open the installation file by double clicking on its icon.
- You may be prompted with a Security Warning, Click Run.
- Select your language and click Ok
- Follow all steps in the setup wizard.
- After following all steps in the wizard click the Finish button and you can begin to use your software.
Instructions for Use
When first opening Malwarebytes, the software should automatically check for updates. If the program prompts you to update it is important that you allow it to. Anti-malware programs are updated frequently as there are new malware programs created daily. Updating your anti-malware software can make the difference between removing infections or missing them all together. If your software is up to date please see the instructions below:
- Open Software. This can be done by either finding the program in your list of all programs or clicking the icon on your desktop if one was created.
- Select the option for Perform Quick Scan
- Click the Scan button
- The software will now begin to scan the files on your computer to look for possible infections.
- When the scanning is complete the software will show you how many files were scanned as well as how many infections were found.
- If the software found infections it will prompt you to clear the infections.
- After clearing the infections you should be able to close the software.
- You can now reboot your computer and see if the issue has been resolved.