Internet Explorer Browser Customizations
Automatic Prompting for File Downloads may be necessary for certain online resources to work.
In addition to the pop-up blocker setting, the setting for “automatic prompting for file downloads” should be checked. You should verify that this setting is enabled. If this setting is disabled Internet Explorer is unable to prompt you to save or open the file. Therefore, it is a good idea to also check this setting and modify the option, if needed.
- Close Internet Explorer
- Click Start
- Click Control Panel or Settings
- Click Internet Options
- Or Network and Internet
- Internet Options should now be available
- Click the Security tab
- Click on the Custom Level button located at the bottom of the screen
- Scroll down and locate the heading for "Automatic prompting for file downloads" or Automatic Prompting. Make sure the click the Enable radio button.
- Click OK
- If prompted to verify the change click Yes
- Close the control panel and attempt to access the resource again.
Pop-up Blocker Modification
The following instructions are to allow pop-ups from the University of Akron