Google Multiple Sign-In
What is Multiple Sign-In
Multiple sign-in enables you to sign in to multiple accounts in the same browser session for specific products. You most likely want this enabled if you use a gmail account other than the University of Akron E-mail.
If you use multiple sign-in, the first account you use to sign in during that browser session will be your default account for the rest of that session. If you visit other Google products that don't support multiple accounts after you've signed in, you will automatically sign in to your default account for that product. If you sign out of any Google product while signed in to any account, you will be signed out of all your Google Accounts at once.
Products supported are Gmail, Code, Calendar, Finance, Profiles, Reader, Sites, Voice, and Docs.
Enable Multiple Sign-In
Warning: Enabling multiple sign-in will disable Offline products like Offline Gmail and Offline Calendar, as well as any browser bookmarks you've set to link to your accounts. If you use Offline Gmail, make sure to sync your offline mail before enabling multiple sign-in so you don't lose any messages in your outbox. If you would like to continue using Offline Gmail, Offline Calendar, and browser bookmarks linked to your accounts, do not enable the multiple sign-in option. If you have already enabled multiple sign-in, you may disable it.
- Log into your Gmail Account
- Go to Account Settings
- Choose Edit next to Multiple Sign-in
- Select On to enable the multiple sign-in feature and select the checkboxes to confirm that you understand how to use multiple sign-in.
- Click Save
How It Works
Once you've enabled multiple sign-in for one of your Google Accounts, follow the steps below to enable multiple sign-in for additional accounts you would like to sign in to:
- Sign in to a product that supports multiple sign-in, using an account that has multiple sign-in enabled (Your E-mail).
- Click your name or email address at the top of the page.
- Select Sign in to another account from the drop-down menu.
- On the page that opens, enter the email address and password for another account you wish to access, and click Sign in.
- To switch between accounts choose the "Switch Account" option.