Google Apps Android Setup
From The University of Akron Support Wiki
| Enable IMAP first|
Login to the web-based version of your email. Select Settings from the top right corner. Select Forwarding POP/IMAP from the top. Enable IMAP at the bottom and save.
| The Google Apps at Akron account can be used as the account for the Droid|
No additional Gmail account is necessary.
For Android Gingerbread (2.3) and up
- Open your Settings from the app drawer or from your home screen menu
- Go to Accounts
- Choose to add an account, and then choose Google
- Enter in your FULL UA e-mail account and password
- After this your account will be ready to go
For Android Froyo (2.2) and down
- Press Home and select the Email option.
- On the "Your Accounts" page, select Next to start the setup.
- Enter your full email address (ex: firstname.lastname@example.org) and your password.
- Select Manual Setup.
- Ensure your username is your full email address.
- Your Incoming Mail Server is imap.gmail.com. Enter 993 as your port number. Select SSL (always) from the drop down list.
- Select Next.
- Your Outgoing Mail Server is smtp.gmail.com. Enter 465 as your port number. Select SSL (always) from the drop down list.
- It will ask if your outgoing server needs authentication. Leave this checked and keep your username and password there.
- Select Next
- It will ask for an account name which is optional. Please input your name as you would like it to appear on outgoing emails below.
- Click Finish. Your emails should now be downloading to your phone.
You are able to use your Google Apps account for the setup account of the Droid.