|Gmail||Google Calendar||Google Chat||Google Docs|
|Google Drive||Google Sheets||Google Sites||Google Slides|
Google provides a number of different apps and resources to anyone who has a Google account.
Click on one of the apps to find out more information about it.
| To access the University of Akron's Google Apps Services visit http://mail.zips.uakron.edu|
All University of Akron students receive free UANet ID@zips.uakron.edu Gmail accounts. These accounts never expire and are free to use after your time at the University. Faculty and staff are also automatically given access to G-Suite, however they do not automatically get Gmail because their email is in Microsoft 365.
Students & Alumni
- Access to all Gsuite apps, including Gmail, on all devices through Gmail
- Uses same password as MyAkron and Brightspace
Faculty & Staff
- Access to all GSuite apps, EXCEPT Gmail, on all devices
- Accessible via the My Akron Portal with @uakron.edu account
- When logged into GSuite, your account is aliased to an @zips.uakron.edu account, but your email is still in Microsoft 365.
- Faculty and Staff can request Gmail be added, but it is by request and users will have two email addresses:
- <uanet ID>@uakron.edu
- <uanet ID>@zips.uakron.edu