Bierce Library together with UA ITS provide access to 200+ Dells, Macs, and iPads for use by currently enrolled students only. The MediaTech Desk is located in the lobby of Bierce Library and closes 15 minutes prior to library close. Bierce Library equipment circulates for either 1-day or 7-days, depending upon the specific machine. All equipment is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Students must present 2 valid picture IDs, one of which must be a UA Zip Card, at the time of checkout. For general information on Bierce Library laptops, please call 330-972-5355.
The Science & Technology Library provides access to 40 Dell laptops for use by current UA students. Dell Laptops may be borrowed for a period of 4 hours with the option of one 4-hour renewal or until 30 minutes before library closing. 35 iPads are available for use by current UA students for a 7 day loan period with no renewal. All equipment is available on a first-come, first-served basis. The Science Laptop Circulation checkout is adjacent to the Science Circulation Desk (ph: 330-972-8323).
- Must be a University of Akron student, faculty or staff member with a valid UANet ID
- Must have ZipCard and a second form of valid/government ID
Equipment for Rent
- 200+ Dells, Macs, and iPads
- Additional equipment is also available. For a full list please call 330-972-5355.
The Science & Technology Library:
- 40 Dell Laptops
- 35 iPads
Audio Visual Equipment:
- We also rent out audio visual equipment. You can see what is for rent by clicking on this link.