Design and Development Services (Online Course Development)
Designing an online course can seem like a daunting task, but you’re not alone in this process. Design and Development Services (DDS) has a talented team that will work one-on-one with you to develop a great online course.
You have your own unique style and personality, and that should come across in the design and layout of your course. We will design an online environment that best fits your style while staying within a template already familiar to your students.
Description of our Service
Based on what you want your students to learn, our team will help you assemble required resources and will assist in building the course to your specifications. We will review your current syllabus and existing materials to see how best to translate this course into the online environment. DDS has a wide variety of examples to share with you that demonstrate all of the unique online tools that are available for your course.
In addition, we will help you:
- Apply sound instructional design practices that will contribute to the quality of the course design
- Locate and/or develop any interactive multimedia and custom graphics
- Brand your course to match your program’s look and feel
- Determine an assessment strategy that will work well for your desired learning outcomes
- Set up your grade book
- Locate or develop rubrics and link them to your specific assignments
- Develop a strategy to engage your students with you, with each other, and with the content
- Digitize any material you currently have in non-digital form
- Work with the library to secure any copyright permissions
- Ensure that content we develop meets ADA accessibility and web content accessibility guidelines
Our support does not end when the course goes live. We will continually check in with you to make sure that things are running as expected, and if needed, we will make any necessary changes or tweaks along the way. After you have taught the course online, we will meet with you again to see if any improvements to the design can be made.
- Contact Steve Kaufman at email@example.com or x6874 to set up a consultation. Our offices are located in Leigh Hall, Room 506.
- If possible, send us your current syllabus before our meeting so we can start generating ideas on how to move forward.
- During our meeting, we will come up with an action plan that details precisely what we need from you, and what items we will develop and create for your course.
For more information about us and what we do please visit our website by clicking this link.